nombre002

Re: The Ultimate DATs Collection
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2016 - 20:55:15 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 12:08:07 by attractivo »

Offline gryla

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2016 - 21:28:59 »
Great update  :D

Attached is my fixdat if anybody can help :)

edit new fixdat
thx
gryla

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016 - 22:20:14 by gryla »

nombre002

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2016 - 22:45:44 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 12:08:21 by attractivo »

Zandro

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2016 - 23:06:49 »
I am stunned by how fast I fall behind in this set.  First, a few things to point out. Later, after the dust settles, I need to post a fixdat~

typo: DatFiles\Redump\Cutsom, Modified

There was a range of time where ROMvault had not yet adopted the <machine> tags which had replaced the conventional <game> tags. During, I might have altered some dats by replacing the tags to make them compatible with RV.  If you noticed some strange alts, this could explain a few.

Release Files\TOSEC\Documents: sizedist.txt and torrentsplit.txt were my personal files, not from TOSEC. They weren't released except for the dat pack I provided, and should be moved to Trash.

Did you pick up Kludge's DatRoot?  Hundreds of dats are still swimming around in there.

nombre002

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2016 - 23:26:08 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 12:10:50 by attractivo »

Zandro

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2016 - 00:09:18 »
dir2dat can obviously be d2d... I'm not familiar with the comp/uncomp attributes.  The common ones are listed in logiqx's [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login. fm/fnd/fp n-s-f/o-r-i/z-u... beyond that I wouldn't care to delineate them other than that the dats are 'special'.

nombre002

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2016 - 00:31:22 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 22:43:59 by attractivo »

Zandro

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2016 - 00:53:06 »
Part of my reasoning about alts was that if it is knowingly inconsequential to delete one and keep the other, then you can.  I didn't fully realize Kludge's were all of that type until just now that I see his fileshare elsewhere is all folders instead of archives.

nombre002

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2016 - 01:09:55 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 22:43:54 by attractivo »

nombre002

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2016 - 03:04:18 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 22:43:49 by attractivo »

Offline AnonRunzes2

« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2016 - 03:35:20 »
^ "good behavior"? Are your standards really that black-and-white?
This site lacks a distinctive rule to put the users into its place, so I don't know what you're expecting out of someone's behavior at all. Not that I care anyway since twisting their words to make them their enemy isn't exactly good behavior either.

Sorry for jumping in to the discussion as if from nowhere, so I try my best to avoid any problems if necessary.

Zandro

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2016 - 05:18:38 »
What I will apologise for is my poor choice of words to describe the behavior, and that I am unable to reshape my character to fit your ideals.  It's basically correct that you hadn't fought me; I wrote that in the first hour of my day. I am justified in defending a respected member when their input, though trite, is not merely dismissed, but ridiculed to such an extent. I already had the sense you were being unfairly testy with me in your PM despite the progress I believed we were having, so I'm not so keen on the idea that I should be looking at my character for faults.  How I react is what brought me to where I am.  It's not always a good thing to mess around with.

Like others, my participation in this forum and with its users is without monetary reimbursement (it's actually damaging), and only happens because of my selfish interest in collecting and preservation. Call it egotistical if you must, but nobody was being harmed for it.  When someone makes a derisive comment such as: "thanks anyway. though i think i got ignored the first message and thats very unpolite", when I was physically away for a few days, I had to decide whether you were telling that to yourself or directly to me.  Either way, it was an unwelcome comment that tipped our relationship toward apprehensiveness.

After your complaint about lack of participation from others and your hanging of Connie's relatively passive comment on a pike, I found even less chance of keeping things stable unless someone spoke up.  And now this new post showing you still need my admission of guilt over the way I've handled your misunderstanding and its destabilization of the situation?  My pride instructs me to say "count me out", but that fails to recognize the larger order, and that too many projects die this way.

I think your suggestion that I should apologise first before I can provide further input is irrational as hell, as shown above.  By participating, I thought I presented that I was willing to move on, 'put the past behind us' as they say, and help you do useful things again.  Each person has specific needs though, and to feel safe with me you clearly depend on an apology, and whether you think I am being genuine about it should also be important.  In these situations, the cultural, spiritual, and psychological definitions of an apology cross swords in my head and eventually cohere as either a farce for selfish gain or a resolution to maintain a peaceful environment.  The latter is where I want to be.

You have my gratitude and thanks for your amazing works, but I must also thank gryla for his interest in the part I wasn't, since I fear that was necessary to keep everything going.  If thanklessness and lack of participation are conditions you're not ready to endure as a producer in this hobby, expect times where you might feel ill.

Offline AnonRunzes2

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2016 - 05:35:17 »
Zandro has a point. If "kindness" and "good behavior" is all you care about then what's the point of maintaining this hobby in the first place?

Offline darksabre76

• That Guy
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2016 - 05:52:52 »
Hey guys, why don't we keep any hard feelings to PMs and bars, eh?  :D

This is a thread full of DAT preservation, and it takes us weirdos to even want to keep them around. So all the collecting weirdos stay together  :D
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login, [You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login

nombre002

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2016 - 11:36:57 »
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018 - 22:43:42 by attractivo »