Author Topic: TruRip Dreamcast help  (Read 4277 times)

Offline AnonRunzes2

Re: TruRip Dreamcast help
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2018 - 16:47:49 »
is it safe to say that NLS and D34con were actually quite impolite if not close-minded when it came to their replies?

just my opinion

Online zhadum

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2018 - 16:52:41 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
is it safe to say that NLS and D34con were actually quite impolite if not close-minded when it came to their replies?

just my opinion

Thanks. Rather more also ungrateful.

But that okay. To each his own. But no need in stirring stuff up at all (speaking about grown-up behaviour).

No need for it.

Offline AnonRunzes2

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2018 - 16:53:13 »
uhh okay then

as for the trurip sets though where can i actually find them without any kind of behind-the-scenes politics getting in the way?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018 - 16:56:41 by AnonRunzes2 »

Offline wiggy2k

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2018 - 17:05:39 »

You know whats stupid? Having 99 seperate tracks dumped and storing while the whole cd image has a matching hash with ours (not too mention where are the subchannels ?) Thats stupid.

now everyone knows i LOVE the Sega Saturn, have spent the last two years collecting the entire UK/PAL set (at today's prices that is no mean feat), and have recently started on the US/Jap exclusives. (picture attached of my collection before i moved recently, its all packed away at the minute)   Are subs actually needed for these old CD based systems? from my point of view the subchannel doesn't actually contain any meaningful data other than to confirm the offset. - i may well be wrong but that's my limited understanding.

I get what you're saying re: multi bin vs img = same thing. i guess i'm in the minority would actually vote for secret third option of  a single image file + cue, where the cue parser sorts out the track mapping.

either way - i just cant wait for the satiator to be released i'm well over $600 invested in that thing from all patreon pledges  :o

Online zhadum

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2018 - 17:09:10 »
uhh okay then

as for the trurip sets though where can i actually find them without any kind of behind-the-scenes politics getting in the way?

Np. All you need to do is ask.

We are trying to co├Ârdinate things now between certain coders of certain programs and see if we can come up with some sort of standard which we all can benefit from and makes it easier for use etc.

We are getting close. Some stuff is already done and being tested on and is working. Some minor stuff needs to be tested out still. Which we prob. will do this weekend if not coming week (stuff always tends to be a bit more difficult then at first glance).

Once done and test system works I have no problems in uploading all stuff here (that wasn't option in the past since the tracker went down).

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018 - 17:14:11 by trurip »

Online zhadum

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2018 - 17:12:07 »

You know whats stupid? Having 99 seperate tracks dumped and storing while the whole cd image has a matching hash with ours (not too mention where are the subchannels ?) Thats stupid.

now everyone knows i LOVE the Sega Saturn, have spent the last two years collecting the entire UK/PAL set (at today's prices that is no mean feat), and have recently started on the US/Jap exclusives. (picture attached of my collection before i moved recently, its all packed away at the minute)   Are subs actually needed for these old CD based systems? from my point of view the subchannel doesn't actually contain any meaningful data other than to confirm the offset. - i may well be wrong but that's my limited understanding.

I get what you're saying re: multi bin vs img = same thing. i guess i'm in the minority would actually vote for secret third option of  a single image file + cue, where the cue parser sorts out the track mapping.

either way - i just cant wait for the satiator to be released i'm well over $600 invested in that thing from all patreon pledges  :o

Try neo-geo cd or psx libcrypt for example. Or IBM PC titles. There wasn't a clonecd for the fun in the past.

We already have a single image file + cue + parser.

Offline NLS

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2018 - 17:49:24 »
1. Our meta data superdats already work with RomVault and RetroFE - so do your homework first. Why not with others ? Hey dude we asked they declined - their lose.

2. You know whats stupid? Having 99 seperate tracks dumped and storing while the whole cd image has a matching hash with ours (not too mention where are the subchannels ?) Thats stupid.

3. You know whats stupid also? Continouesly stirring things up between peopel / groups. Thats also the main reason why they shutted you up at PD. Noone cares what your personal opinion is. You either collect these sets or move on.

4. Hey dude we did had agreements with redump who did what systems dumping. Guess what? You know who broke that promise? Right. So do your homework again please.

5. As for tosec-iso: you know jackshit about it. Can only mention that all the major dumpers swapped to the darkside and not without a reason. Same goes why the main projectleader of tosec quited (idoru) --> go ask the (non-grown ups) rom-collecting kiddies.

6. As for working with others- we will see. Since you know more then me apparently.

7. What did you ever do -besides stirring crap up- for this community at all?

If you dont have anything constructively to say at all then please move one and collect whatever makes you happy instead of trying to belittle all others with a different opinion then yours.
(spoke "pirvately" with others about this and they all feel the same - believe me)

Added:
Speaking about stupid - in this case on dreamcast dumsp - since its the topic.
How stupid is it to collect dreamcast tosec / trurip and mame/mess chd's and even redump (non-workign offset corrected dumps)?
Do you actually know that tosec / trurip use the same dumping tool (httpd-ack) for it and that the used mame/mess chd are only converted dumps from those dumps?
Do you know that ack i sone of the major dumpers for trurip?
Do you even know that those offset corrected tracks from redump are done with the so-called audio swap cd trick?
Do you even know that the data tracks are basically the same as the httpd-ack tool dumps? Speaking about dupe files? Right. Do the math on it.
Do you even know that we added those offset corrected tracks including the manually edited frankenstein gdi file is also there? Do you knwo that this would actually SAVE you space then rather have dupes?

Again do your homework first before starting to yell stuff

Ah happy I got a detailed reply. The only kind of replies I value.

1. Which ones. The few posted on PD? Are there others that never made it? Why?

2. You may be right. Or not. This is what comes from a discussion between experts. I mean, you say that (I possibly agree, will not go into it, doesn't matter), they say otherwise. Why? Don't they have their reason to explain? You see where I am getting at? They did that. Bad choice (or not). Did you ever discuss this, or just said "stupid" and sailed your own ship?

3. Yeah, f.o. I have my own explanation. Plus I don't care. Plus I don't care if anybody cares about my opinion. Doesn't stop me from having one. You know, they are like *ssholes. I have one too. It is also called The Internet. Sorry. BTW, elitism will not get you anywhere.
BTW, (all) you didn't need my help to f*ck things up regarding cooperation among your teams. I wouldn't dare claim I have that power after all.

4. So you say. Would love to see if anybody from the other side(s) has anything different to say.

5. Right. Who said I don't know these things? How does this change anything? There are mission statements and people that follow up. That's how things are supposed to work. Will trurip die if you leave? (I am actually interested to know the answer now that it came to me...)

6. I don't. As I said, prove me wrong. To phrase it better, I would love you prove us wrong (me and to the imaginary people that agree with me - as you seem to not acknowledge them).

7. I will hint you one thing. There are people doing things that don't advertise. Or are there not? Also there are people with more than one online face. Or are there not? And no, you really really REALLY don't have to believe anything.

8. I don't belittle anybody. You all do what you (a) want, (b) can. I am tired of every few months somebody wakes up and tries to belittle the "opposition" though, by showing (or just promising) one tiny more step forward of their own work. Not doing directly doesn't change the fact that is happening. If you don't see it, fair enough, the sun will rise tomorrow morning anyway.

9. You seem to like the word "stupid" I used. I promised to spark things up and seems I delivered.

Love how AnonRunzes2 found me rude... He seems to forget his own first posts in this thread. :D Saying that he is sorry seems to automatically allow him to judge the others for the same thing. In any case, I don't care.

Anyway, seems we probably just go round well known facts. What is said only proves them again and again. Pity, to be honest. Just pity. Maybe the future is brighter.

Keep up the good work (always love this sign off).

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018 - 17:52:38 by NLS »
---
NLS

Online zhadum

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2018 - 18:13:52 »
1. Our meta data superdats already work with RomVault and RetroFE - so do your homework first. Why not with others ? Hey dude we asked they declined - their lose.

2. You know whats stupid? Having 99 seperate tracks dumped and storing while the whole cd image has a matching hash with ours (not too mention where are the subchannels ?) Thats stupid.

3. You know whats stupid also? Continouesly stirring things up between peopel / groups. Thats also the main reason why they shutted you up at PD. Noone cares what your personal opinion is. You either collect these sets or move on.

4. Hey dude we did had agreements with redump who did what systems dumping. Guess what? You know who broke that promise? Right. So do your homework again please.

5. As for tosec-iso: you know jackshit about it. Can only mention that all the major dumpers swapped to the darkside and not without a reason. Same goes why the main projectleader of tosec quited (idoru) --> go ask the (non-grown ups) rom-collecting kiddies.

6. As for working with others- we will see. Since you know more then me apparently.

7. What did you ever do -besides stirring crap up- for this community at all?

If you dont have anything constructively to say at all then please move one and collect whatever makes you happy instead of trying to belittle all others with a different opinion then yours.
(spoke "pirvately" with others about this and they all feel the same - believe me)

Added:
Speaking about stupid - in this case on dreamcast dumsp - since its the topic.
How stupid is it to collect dreamcast tosec / trurip and mame/mess chd's and even redump (non-workign offset corrected dumps)?
Do you actually know that tosec / trurip use the same dumping tool (httpd-ack) for it and that the used mame/mess chd are only converted dumps from those dumps?
Do you know that ack i sone of the major dumpers for trurip?
Do you even know that those offset corrected tracks from redump are done with the so-called audio swap cd trick?
Do you even know that the data tracks are basically the same as the httpd-ack tool dumps? Speaking about dupe files? Right. Do the math on it.
Do you even know that we added those offset corrected tracks including the manually edited frankenstein gdi file is also there? Do you knwo that this would actually SAVE you space then rather have dupes?

Again do your homework first before starting to yell stuff

Ah happy I got a detailed reply. The only kind of replies I value.

1. Which ones. The few posted on PD? Are there others that never made it? Why?

2. You may be right. Or not. This is what comes from a discussion between experts. I mean, you say that (I possibly agree, will not go into it, doesn't matter), they say otherwise. Why? Don't they have their reason to explain? You see where I am getting at? They did that. Bad choice (or not). Did you ever discuss this, or just said "stupid" and sailed your own ship?

3. Yeah, f.o. I have my own explanation. Plus I don't care. Plus I don't care if anybody cares about my opinion. Doesn't stop me from having one. You know, they are like *ssholes. I have one too. It is also called The Internet. Sorry. BTW, elitism will not get you anywhere.
BTW, (all) you didn't need my help to f*ck things up regarding cooperation among your teams. I wouldn't dare claim I have that power after all.

4. So you say. Would love to see if anybody from the other side(s) has anything different to say.

5. Right. Who said I don't know these things? How does this change anything? There are mission statements and people that follow up. That's how things are supposed to work. Will trurip die if you leave? (I am actually interested to know the answer now that it came to me...)

6. I don't. As I said, prove me wrong. To phrase it better, I would love you prove us wrong (me and to the imaginary people that agree with me - as you seem to not acknowledge them).

7. I will hint you one thing. There are people doing things that don't advertise. Or are there not? Also there are people with more than one online face. Or are there not? And no, you really really REALLY don't have to believe anything.

8. I don't belittle anybody. You all do what you (a) want, (b) can. I am tired of every few months somebody wakes up and tries to belittle the "opposition" though, by showing (or just promising) one tiny more step forward of their own work. Not doing directly doesn't change the fact that is happening. If you don't see it, fair enough, the sun will rise tomorrow morning anyway.

9. You seem to like the word "stupid" I used. I promised to spark things up and seems I delivered.

Love how AnonRunzes2 found me rude... He seems to forget his own first posts in this thread. :D Saying that he is sorry seems to automatically allow him to judge the others for the same thing. In any case, I don't care.

Anyway, seems we probably just go round well known facts. What is said only proves them again and again. Pity, to be honest. Just pity. Maybe the future is brighter.

Keep up the good work (always love this sign off).

Yeah we don't care also.

You keep up the good (non-advertised) work you do.

Peace.

Offline AnonRunzes2

« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2018 - 18:50:49 »
can someone here actually describe NLS' posts in a nutshell for me?
i literally have no words for this really. to me reading his posts was all comedy gold.

Offline Mordor

• Global Moderator
  • King Ding-a-Ling
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2018 - 19:13:13 »
I'm having IRC flashbacks from 10++ years ago right now where I have been asked to verify or dump certain games as a favor for one group then the next minute I'm being verbally bashed for no reason by someone from another group who is piss drunk and unfortunately I was totally sober at the time. I mean... had I been pissed drunk too the convo may have been a blast, but you can figure out how that whole convo eventually ended.

Anyway... as much as I'm enjoying reading this convo, I can see the pot is slowly starting to come to a boil so lets reduce the heat a bit to a light simmer shall we. Thanks!

Thanks,
Mordor
True.dat

Online zhadum

« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2018 - 19:29:58 »
I'm having IRC flashbacks from 10++ years ago right now where I have been asked to verify or dump certain games as a favor for one group then the next minute I'm being verbally bashed for no reason by someone from another group who is piss drunk and unfortunately I was totally sober at the time. I mean... had I been pissed drunk too the convo may have been a blast, but you can figure out how that whole convo eventually ended.

Anyway... as much as I'm enjoying reading this convo, I can see the pot is slowly starting to come to a boil so lets reduce the heat a bit to a light simmer shall we. Thanks!

Thanks,
Mordor

Thanks for the post / reply.

Would like to end these discussions since it leads to nothing but headaches.

Its a hobby and nothign more.

Will supply stuff on tracker and anyone who likes it can grab it and if not then thats fine also.

Peace.

Offline NLS

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2018 - 00:02:00 »
can someone here actually describe NLS' posts in a nutshell for me?
i literally have no words for this really. to me reading his posts was all comedy gold.

Here...

---
NLS

Offline AnonRunzes2

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2018 - 00:10:48 »
yeah yeah, i know i'm an asshole Captain Obvious, no need to remind me thousands of times already.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018 - 00:13:59 by AnonRunzes2 »

Online D34con

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2018 - 00:33:00 »
just not to be bad, i just proclaim to not to use search anymore for others than myself. Its easy. If you got almost fullsets, your missings are often posted together in one.