Author Topic: MESS 0144u2 Latest SVN as of 20.30pm 07-12-11 CHDS  (Read 11121 times)

Offline RCade

Re: MESS 0144u2 Latest SVN as of 20.30pm 07-12-11 CHDS
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012 - 12:41:52 »
Cheers Oxy,

I realise it could all completely change at any point but I had nothing else better to do :-)
Like i said, it's just sad that a lot of the last ones left to find may have been brought down
with megaupload (or I'm not looking hard enough :-)). I'll have a look to see what I can get
hold of this week and see if its worth uploading what I have with you all.

RCade

Offline Cassiel

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2012 - 15:34:38 »
Wouldn't the chances of you getting matching wav's from mp3's pretty much zilch? (unless you happen to have exactly the same app, same version, with same settings, on same OS as the person(s) creating the MESS softlist?)

Or are CHD's much more forgiving with audio tracks?

I would hope they haven't done that sort of thing anyway (mp3<->wav), REALLY not good... or at least they clearly commented which need proper re-dumping.

Offline RCade

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2012 - 18:02:02 »
Cheers Oxy,

If Cassiel is correct, even trying to convert may be a waste. It all depends on where the source came from and if it can be converted the same i guess. Cassiel, i was going by this one from the dat:

missing chd: blast wind (japan) (iso-mp3 sourced).chd [chd-sha1: 700a2e9385664f15892855e6414e3232ff5c7591]

I'm "pretty" sure CHDMAN doesn't get on well with mp3's (doubting myself now so may have to check).

I'll get back to you regarding winamp Oxy (does it still kick the llamas ass? :-)) if I need to if that's ok?

RCade

Offline niallquinn

• FTM.
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2012 - 18:51:36 »
@ RCade, good grief, you must have your dick in the biscuit barrel* to bother sorting all those Saturn chds!

* Fucking crackers.

:)

NQ.

A rom is for life, not just for Christmas.

Offline RCade

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2012 - 21:29:52 »
[You are not allowed to view links] Register or Login
@ RCade, good grief, you must have your dick in the biscuit barrel* to bother sorting all those Saturn chds!

* Fucking crackers.

NQ.

LOL NQ,

Someone's gotta have balls to do this, and I'm mad enough to want to :-)

Oxy,

I think some of these are from another set on UG (How many bloody sets can people flipping make of one system!!!). Namely "Sega Saturn JAP Collection Part 1" and no doubt "part 2" as well.

If you have a winamp setup you can send my way, I'll give those a shot and see what pops out.

Thanks for the interest everyone, makes the "journey" worth while :-)

RCade

Offline gremlin1968

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012 - 21:51:06 »

* Fucking crackers.

@NQ HeHe, Funny

Got to say RCade you deserve a medal for this one.

Gremlin 

Offline RCade

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012 - 22:05:30 »
Thanks gremlin, just don't stab the pin in too hard :-)

and..

Yup found two missing Japanese ones in that UG set (bin/cue format) and a couple that are iso/mp3 which corresponds to what the dat is asking for, so hopefully if Oxyandy can get me that setup I'll give those a bash.

RCade

Offline RCade

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2012 - 12:38:36 »
Oxy,

Can't help you with that one mate, it's not in any of the sets I've downloaded (except in iso/mp3 format).
Have you tried converting that one to see? I've tried the one in the set i mentioned yesterday but unfortunatly it wasn't correct. I wonder how Haze converted the MP3's, may be the only way to get a good hash.

I'll plow on through the rest when I'm home.

RCade

Offline RCade

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012 - 06:41:07 »
Thanks for checking some of the iso's Oxy and for the tip with winlame.
Tried the Wind blast i have (iso and 20 mp3 tracks) with different combo's of output (16 bit etc.) but still no joy.

I'll carry on trying some ideas out though.

Cheers again mate,

RCade

minireaper

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2012 - 08:18:38 »
Missing
·Sets                 0/2208
·ROMs                 -/0
·CHDs                 0/2502
·Samples              -/0
·Bytes                -/0

sega saturn set that is xD 863,9 gb in size

i have the set complete since weeks. but im still uncertain with it. i saw RB talking in the shoutbox about "when the real saturn set comes out". then now we have proper flac support which works well. but then i heard aaron might totally change flac into mame/mess totally.
then there is haze's workaround with the sh1 checksums (flac chds spit out the same sh1 as non flac ones).
there im also stil uncertain if this will change in the near future.
then another side told me saturn may be totally replaced with this vaporware (trurip) dumps.

so all in all i was ready to pop the whole saturn over at PD since the day after new years day or so.
and always came to the conclusion to wait a bit more since i still dont know if its worth to flac the set which save about 250gb in size
or pop it without flac or just let it rot on my hdd until i can get some kind of official info about all this :)

Offline RCade

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2012 - 12:40:58 »
Hiya minireaper,

You could always upload a torrent of it here (I can help seed with what I have) if possible and let others decide if they want to download them or not. Me? I'm just and OCD obsessed completionist so would love some help with finishing this off, even if it does eventually change.

As for letting it rot....It'd be a shame if you do.

RCade

minireaper

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2012 - 14:10:34 »
point is the torrent is 700 or almost 900gb flac or no flac. so nothing quick uploaded :)

im just afraid people will start to rage once whoever in charge on mame/mess side will change something like how flac is supported or switch to a totally different source to make the chds.
if they change the flac stuff it wouldnt be a huge problem as you can always convert the chd's back to cue/bin. but then people will be happy to just convert 2500+ chds again. if i put them entirely in the old chd style and mame/mess decides to use flac as default on their chds, and even support the non flac ones. then some people will start to flac their 2500+ chds again. and even worse since flac or no flac have the same sh1 it will cause funny confusion when some people join a torrent with flac chd's when the source uses no flac ones.

so the conclusion is: i sit here dumb now. don't know what to do and even better haze formatted the hd he had the saturn set on. leaving me probally the only one with 0 misses since no matter how hard you try at least 25 or 26 of the chd's you cant make a matching checksum on your own since haze changed hacked usa regio codes from japan only releases back to japan.

Offline RCade

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2012 - 16:11:38 »
Hi Minireaper,

I take it your close to Haze then, tell him RCade (a friend of Judas) from Emuchrist says Hi :-)
I saw your post on retroroms when the first batch of Saturn CHD's came out and thought you'd
got the set rather quick :-)

As Oxy so nicely put it, would you be willing to create a torrent of what I'm missing? That way
you wont have the only set around, but I could share from here (with credit to you) and you
can make your mind up if you wish to publish at the other sites :-)

This really has been a struggle labour of love so if you can (but certainly wouldn't hold
it against you if you don't) help, I'd certainly appreciate it. I can post another fixdat (down to
roughly 83 i think) if you are willing.

Either way, cheers for the explanation.

RCade

minireaper

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2012 - 16:33:26 »
sure. drop in a fixdat and i put it up here. no need for credits :).
i am registered already on the tracker. i assume some admin over there chnge my status ?

bumping down teh list is easy. all you need is UG as a tracker to end up with 25 missings :)

basically you need to have darkwater & redump. then get the linlhutz packs 1-20 (minus pack 09) and the mahjong 2&5 pack.
then grab the 100% ntsc set from same place and download all the files the darkwater set didnt give you (roughly35gb). then download the 99.9% euro pack and download what darkwater didnt give you (again ~35gb).then go through ug's list of staurn games and pick the 7-8 singe game realeases you still miss. then head over to emu paradise and get the other 5 or 6 :). bingo youre down to under 30 now xD.

emuparadise have more that you need especially those crappy iso/mp3 ones but even with a step by step guide with the same sourcefile i wasnt able to get a matching chd.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012 - 16:45:39 by minireaper »

Offline niallquinn

• FTM.
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2012 - 16:58:17 »
Hi Minireaper,

I take it your close to Haze then, tell him RCade (a friend of Judas) from Emuchrist says Hi :-)
I saw your post on retroroms when the first batch of Saturn CHD's came out and thought you'd
got the set rather quick :-)

As Oxy so nicely put it, would you be willing to create a torrent of what I'm missing? That way
you wont have the only set around, but I could share from here (with credit to you) and you
can make your mind up if you wish to publish at the other sites :-)

This really has been a struggle labour of love so if you can (but certainly wouldn't hold
it against you if you don't) help, I'd certainly appreciate it. I can post another fixdat (down to
roughly 83 i think) if you are willing.

Either way, cheers for the explanation.

RCade

EmuChrist...wasn't that "emulation without the bullshit" site?

NQ.
A rom is for life, not just for Christmas.